Designer

Pier Giacomo Castiglioni

Born in Milan in 1913. He graduated in architecture at the Politecnico di Milano in 1937 where he immediately taught Architectural Composition. He began working with his brother Livio in 1938, focusing mainly on urban planning, architecture and design. Immediately after the war, in 1944, Achilles was added.
In 1954 the studio remained composed by Achille & Pier Giacomo Castiglioni (A & PG C: a sort of trademark chosen by them to represent themselves).
Together with Achille, he received several awards such as the permanent exhibition of six of their works at the Museum of Modern Art in New York and won six editions of the Compasso d'Oro award (one posthumous).