Alessi Happy Eternity Baby Group
Massimo Giacon and Marcello Jori merge their artistic talents in a special project that for the first time bears both their names: the “Happy Eternity Baby” crib. Both designers have already created Christmas decorations as individual projects, offering us highly original takes on traditional festive baubles: from the unique crib-baubles by Jori to the poetic figures by Giacon. With “Happy Eternity Baby” they deliver yet another surprise, with an object that embodies the rich emotional content of their artistic creation.
“HAPPY ETERNITY BABY expresses the concept of the birth of eternity, of the eternal birthday, it is divine best wishes…” Marcello Jori
– The “Happy Eternity Baby” crib is produced in hand-decorated porcelain. The walls of the grotto are blue, decorated with goldcoloured stars, applied as decals
– The two designers propose a nativity scene with three porcelain figures: the Virgin Mary and Joseph together holding the Baby Jesus form a single group, while the donkey and the ox are produced as individual pieces to accompany the Holy Family. These figures are available in set that can be purchased separately from the grotto.
– An aperture on the top allows the insertion of a small electric light or LED lighting in order to heighten the magical atmosphere of the composition. The use of wax tea lights, with a naked flame, may compromise the porcelain.
– An object of exquisite artistic content, half-way between industrial manufacture and hand-crafted production, characterised by fine production quality and meticulous attention to detail
– For those who love the special atmosphere of Christmas, but also appreciate innovation in tradition
– A poetic object for creating a special corner in the home and ushering in the magical atmosphere of Christmas
Crib Size: H 20 cm, W 27 cm, D 14 cm
The Designer: Massimo Giacon. Born Padua, Italy, in 1961, comic-strip artist and illustrator, a leading light in the renewal of Italian comic, he divides his time as a graphic artist, designer, musician and artist. Marcello Jori was born in Merano on 12 December 1951. He currently lives and works in Bologna. Having obtained his degree from DAMS (Drama, Art and Music Studies, Bologna), in 1977 Jori embarked on his career as an artist, soon exhibiting in national and foreign galleries and museums. In the mid-seventies, Jori took his first tentative steps in certain conceptual streams, from which he soon moved away and indeed openly went against their colder and most austere aspects, in an attempt to infuse art with a new lease of life. This he did with a series of photographic works, in which he reinterprets a number of classical masterpieces in a modern key. In this way, art is brought back to a human dimension; the artist “gives body” to the paintings, and takes possession of them so as to transform them into something true. Thus, an abstract painting depicting sunset is exposed to the lights and colours of a real sunset (“Tramonto sul mare sul mare a tramonto” – Sunset over the sea over the sea at sunset, 1976). In 1979, Jori painted himself on top of a ladder painting the fall of the angel, in contact with the heavens, which marked a turning point in his artistic career. This painting displays a new expressive energy that featured in his works over the entire following decade. It was during this phase that painting became central to his creative evolution. These were the years of the “Scritture” (Inscriptions), vertical and fluctuating words suspended mid air between the real and the artist’s mental idea of space. These words were then caged in multicoloured “Teatrini” (Theatres), extravagant examples of architecture in movement that were the forerunners of the following “Cristalli” (Crystals) and “Gioie” (Jewels) series, enchanted and kaleidoscopic geometric patterns.
The Brand: Founded in 1921 as a “Workshop for the processing of brass and nickel silver sheet metal, with foundry”, Alessi has always stood out for the high quality of its products. In almost a century of history, the company has gradually evolved to become one of the leading “Factories of Italian design”, capable of applying its expertise and excellence in design management to many different product types. Open to change and international development, Alessi at the same time has a strong bond with the traditions and cultural background of its area and continues to be synonymous with handcrafted objects produced with the help of machines.
Alessi’s mission is now one of translating its quest for the most advanced cultural, aesthetic, design and functional quality into mass production. Designer products are the result of the constant reconciliation of art and industry, of the “Immensity of Creative Potential” and the needs of the market. The company is committed to a design approach in which the most advanced expression of international creativity is always balanced against the desires of the general public. Alessi has been described as a “Dream Factory”, which uses its products to make people’s dreams come true, providing them with the Art and Poetry that they seek.